Monday, July 27, 2009

Welcome New Reader (and future reader!)

You do have ultimate veto power though...you could just never accept any friend requests.
You may have a point, oh wise one. But then what is the point of being on Facebook at all? Surprisingly, I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to turning down friend requests. I'm also curious, and we all know what that did to Catwoman. (Please, did you really think I wasn't going to embrace my nerdishness after having declared it impossible for me to write posts without it? Deal with it.)

Anyway, I have to wonder why, after all this time, these boys seem to think they STILL want to date me. Aren't they over me yet? Keep in mind that these are boys I was nice to and friends with, who then developed major complexes over me (or thought they did). I'm not really sure I want to encourage that sort of behavior again.

This is all sounding massively egotistical. Remember that I said these are guys I DIDN'T date, and therefore don't realize they aren't missing anything. I'm just a what-if to them.

Ahh, the power of what-if. We all indulge in it. I know I do on a regular basis. But too much dwelling in the past and the what-might-have-been can be dangerous. Why can we not live in the here and now? Accept our fates, and move on. It seems a part of human nature to always be wondering, even when things have turned out exactly the way you hoped. (Which they never do.)

Also, I'm in need of a new bra...can you help me?

*Snork* Yes, indeed I can. Schedule an appointment with my secretary, and I'll see if I can fit you in.

Oh how I laugh.

On a serious note, HI KARI! I forgot to reply to your previous comment, which is why I am devoting so much time to you now. Also, I hear from Jenna that congratulations are in order.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I wish you a safe delivery for a healthy, beautiful baby.


Oooh, I've just popped over to Kari's blog and I see that she is expecting at the end of August.

Yay Kari! I am thrilled for you!

Now I feel all warm and fuzzy, and cannot possibly continue in my normal cynical blogging way. I shall have to leave you 'till another day.

Later,
Jules

3 comments:

ksteve said...

Okay so I lied about only commenting once.

I have been reading your posts as you write them for a while now, but haven't had much time to comment. Yeah, I know, what it takes a total of 3 minutes? But I'm sure you of all people understand. This summer I've been online a lot more since I have work off. The luxuries of working in a school.

You are right about Facebook...if you don't accept a request and that person really wanted to be your friend, it does look a bit like a brush off. Plus, most people only want to Facebook stalk you anyway. While I do use it to actually keep in touch with certain people, I also just drop in to see what is going on in people's lives. I really think it will make the high school reunion obsolete in the near future.

Wait...so if that's the case...maybe you should join. Then we wont have to show up to that in a few years...

definitely not from mom--really!!!! said...

ah yes, facebook is like a class reunion without the obligatory weight loss.
Not that Jules is in need of weight loss because DANG!! She is smokin' hot!

Jenna said...

Hm, hi Kari!

I keep declining this one person as a friend...you'd think after awhile they'd get the point. I don't have any problem with it...