Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Life Forms Song

I could have done my laundry last Tuesday when it was sunny and I wasn't working. But that would have been easy. Me no likey 'easy'. So, instead, I did it today when it was pouring rain and I worked from 12-7.

Which means I was up at 7 am this morning, just to be sure I had enough time. It turns out I had plenty of time, but I don't like getting ready for work in a rush, so I was glad I took the precaution.

Anyway, I guess this means I'm really moved in, because I have now done my laundry at my new laundromat. It took a while to find a suitable laundromat, there seem to be a wealth of places which will do your laundry for you, but I'm rather anal about doing my own laundry. I don't know why, but I am very specific about what can be washed with what, and how things are to be dried. It's as though my clothes are actually representatives from several different countries which don't particularly get along, and must therefore be carefully divided and kept separate during negotiations.

Hmm. I've been watching too much Star Trek.

Yes, it has happened: I have become the Ultimate Nerd.

I am now making my was through Star Trek: The Next Generation. I'm not even through season 1, and I'm already obsessed.

Now I remember why I didn't let myself watch an episode sooner. I knew this would happen, and that it would cost me a great deal of time and money. Ah well, I couldn't resist the growing tide forever, it was bound to sweep me up.

Which brings me to something I would like to share with you. I absolutely must share it with someone, and what good is a blog but for sharing things with people I love?

It's only 36 seconds long, so just watch it, even if you are currently rolling your eyes at me. Strike that. Finish rolling your eyes, then watch it.

A few points first: I haven't even reached the episode from which this little snippet is taken, I just happened to find it on youtube and have watched it about a dozen times. I have laughed every time. Also, I love Data. He is far and away my favorite character. He is an android who cannot feel emotion, so, yeah. My affection for emotionally-stunted men continues unbroken. This one doesn't have pointy ears though.

Okay, roll tape!




Tee hee! Doesn't it make you smile? Even chuckle? The best part is Riker's (beard-guy) reaction.

That's all for now. Have a lovely evening!

Jules

3 comments:

mom said...

indeed I did chuckle.

Jenna said...

Hey Jules! I haven't forgot about you- I've just been traveling a whole bunch. I have enjoyed your last few posts, the wedding looked like a lot of fun. Was it strange being back in New Orleans?

I'm glad you found something else to geek out about, but just remember to leave the apartment once in a while. :)

-jenna

F. Radcliffe said...

No, Julie, the video was great but the BEST part was you describing Riker as "beard-guy."