Friday, September 21, 2007

Rant

Ooooooo, that really yellows my snow!

I have just finished reading the Green Arrow/Black Canary: Wedding Special. It was all going so well. Sure, the wedding was crashed by about a hundred different super-villains, but what's a wedding without a little butt-kicking? The villains were defeated and carted off to various prisons, and the rest of the wedding went off without a hitch. And then, the wedding night. They're all lovey-dovey, and I was lulled into believing that for some people, there really is such a thing as 'happily ever after'.

I was wrong.

WHY???!!!! Why can't they just let these two be together?? Why did they have to make Green Arrow go insane at the last second and try to kill Black Canary?? Of course, she stops him by sticking an arrow through his neck, and he dies lying half on top of her, the knife still in his hand. And she's crying, and he's bleeding all over the place, and I scream "Oh come ON! Can't you just let them be HAPPY??!!" I mean, really. Why do I READ this stuff?!

And then what does it say? "Better check out the new Green Arrow/Black Canary series starting next month!!!"

Great.

Now I have another thing to read.

Infuriating.

I've been so mad, I haven't even been able to continue writing my story.

OK, that's not true...I just haven't started the next part, yet. But I promise to get to it soon. In fact, I think I'll go soak in the bath! That's a great place for me to mull over ideas; the only drawback being the fact that I have no place to write it down if something truly inspired happens to hit the back of my skull with a resounding "thunk".

Yeah. A bath. That sounds nice and calming.

Maybe I'll update again tonight, if the bath helps inspire me. Or maybe not. You'll just have to wait and see.

Jules


stupid comic books with their stupid characters that you stupidly care about and hope they live long stupid but happy lives together grumble grumble stupid grumble

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you really had a nice bath and got relaxed from your discontent with the Black Canary killing Green Arrow... but how can she kill him and then they have a new series?? I guess that's comics for you...

And yes,there really is a "Happily Ever After" in reality, it's just hard to find....

Now, tell us more about YOU! How is the job going, the auditions? Anything new with you?

Anonymous said...

oh, Jules...

Anonymous said...

Not much has happened to me lately, which is why I haven't been writing about my life. However, there is a story of something that happened to me on 9/11, that I will put down here when I get the chance. It's exciting, I promise.

Jenna said...

I agree with whoever anonymous is!

Anonymous said...

Which kitty is that? Heather?? If so, she's about to be a mama. She looks like she swallowed a basketball!