Saturday, September 15, 2007

Noodles part 2


I'm not sure how many parts this story will end up being, but so far, this is all of it. It definitely isn't finished; there are plans formulating in my brain, I just haven't typed them out yet.

A few clarifications for those of you not familiar with some of these characters:

1. In the comics, Dick Grayson was the original Robin. When he grew up, he decided to stop being the "Boy Wonder" to become Nightwing. The next to take up the Robin mantel was Jason Todd. He was beaten and left to die by the Joker. He came back to life later (as comic book characters are inclined to do) but as far as my story goes, he remains in his grave where he belongs. The third and current Robin is Tim Drake, a teenager with good detective skills.

2. Supergirl, AKA Kara Zor-El, is the cousin of Superman, AKA Kal-El, AKA Clark Kent. She has had other incarnations in the past, but, again, for the purposes of my story, she's his cousin. Stargirl is someone I'm not all that familiar with, to be honest. I only know her from the Justice League show in which she is a girl around Supergirl's age with a staff that gives her various powers, including the ability to fly. She and her step-father (an ordinary man with a robotic suit) fight together as Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.

3. Green Arrow, AKA Oliver Queen, is a Robin Hood-esque character. Like Bruce Wayne he is independently wealthy, and has no superpowers. He uses technologically advanced arrows. Go figure. He and Black Canary (a woman with deadly skills in hand-to-hand combat and an even deadlier piercing shriek) have been dating FOREVER. They are finally getting married in a comic coming out next Wednesday, and they are, quite possibly, the cutest fictional couple I've ever seen. (See above.)

4. J'onn Jonze, AKA Martian Manhunter, is (as you may have guessed) a Martian. Literally. He's from Mars. He's very strong, psychic, and a shape changer. Basically, you don't want to piss him off.

And now, on to part 2!

Gossip in the Watchtower: part 2
By: Jules Parker

Disclaimer: I own nothing. I'm making no money off of this. If I was, I would quit my job at the store, cause this is way more fun.

To: Supergirl
From: Stargirl
Re: Race

OMG! I just heard that Flash and your cousin are going to race! Did you hear? Do you know when it is? Will you ask Superman? That’s something I HAVE to see!

Btw, what were you and Robin talking about the other day? You two looked pretty chummy…


To: Supergirl
From: RobinIII
Re: that thing we talked about…

Well, if they are, I can’t find any evidence of it. Not that I can come right out and ask him…
I’ll keep working on it from my end, but we need to find out more information. Can you talk to your cousin? He might know more.

And did you hear about this race thing? I can guess who you’ll root for, but my money’s on Flash. He did it once already…


To: RobinIII
From: SuperWOMAN
Re: that thing we talked about…

Why does EVERYONE want me to talk to my cousin??? Just cause he’s Superman doesn’t mean he has a clue about half the things that are going on in front of his eyes. He doesn’t know anything about…that thing. But I might know someone who does. I’ll get back to you.

Like my new user ID? Flash showed me how to change it, as I’m assuming he showed you how to change yours. Why do you feel the need to distinguish yourself as Robin the Third? Dick gave it up years ago, and Jason’s not really in a position to care.

As for the much-talked-about race, I’ll take that bet! Flash is fast, but my cousin has speed and brains. And no, I don’t know when it is, or if it’s anything more than a rumor. Kal doesn’t tell me anything!!!

PS - Why do we have to talk in code like this? These messages are supposed to be completely secure.


To: SuperWOMAN
From: RobinIII
Re: my new user ID

This is why I changed my ID:


To: Robin
From: TheOriginalRobin
Re: Copyright infringement

Look, kid, I know that you’re the new ‘Robin’ these days, but let’s not forget who owned the name first. ME! Just because I gave up being Robin to become Nightwing, doesn’t mean you can go around using my name; especially when you start getting the royalty checks from the Robin action figure line!



Can you believe his nerve? Mr. “Robin the First”! What does he need royalty checks for anyway? Bruce pays all his bills! What a @#&$ face.

PS - What does having brains have to do with anything? They’re going to run really fast; it’s not exactly rocket science.

PPS - We have to talk in code because if I know Batman (and I do) he’ll have a way to monitor every message that goes through the system. I’m hoping the sheer amount of messages will bury our communications, but just in case…

To: Black Canary
From: Whipped Green
Re: Very funny

That’s real cute, hon. Now please show me how to change my user name back.

To: Black Canary
From: Whipped Green
Re: Seriously

Yeah, I got it. I’m whipped. I worship the ground you walk on. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!

To: Black Canary
From: Green Arrow
Re: Thank you

And if it makes you feel better, you can call me “Whipped Green” when we’re in private.

PS - And please remember that ‘in private’ is not when Batman and Superman are sitting at the other end of the commissary. Superman does have super-hearing, and I’m pretty sure Batman can read lips.

To: Justice League Members
From: Batman
Re: Important Notice

Listen up everyone,

This new message system has gotten out of hand. It was created to replace our communicators which have been subject to certain security breaches lately. It was not made to send gossip, love letters, or anonymous tips on anal stick removal (btw, Wally, I know that was you, even though you used J’onn’s ID. He is not amused, and neither am I).

Those of you who have changed your user ID’s (Wally) will make an appointment with either J’onn or myself to restore them. These ID’s were carefully encoded so that when a message is sent to a specific ID, only the person who’s retinal scan matches that ID will be able to read it. It is, literally, your eyes only. When you change your user name, you upset this complex coding, (coding which took MONTHS of work) and open the program to possible hackers.

Finally, there are a lot of rumors going around about a possible party. Let me be clear: IT IS NOT A PARTY. And anyway, Superman and I haven’t moved beyond the initial planning stages for this meeting, so please stop asking when it is. Along those same lines, there has also been a rumor about a certain race between two senior members of the Justice League. While I cannot comment on what League members do during their off hours, I would like to point out that we are heroes, and should be setting an example to the people we have sworn to protect; NOT picking schoolyard fights over who can run ten laps around the playground first.

Thank you.


To Be Continued...

Will Batman's scolding halt the use of the message system for petty gossip? For at least a week it will. But all it takes is one little message...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I never knew Batman was such a downer!

JuliaSP said...

Yeah, he's a bit of a killjoy. But don't worry, he'll lighten up soon, I have a special weapon up my sleeve...

Jenna said...

Jules! Two updates within such a short amount of time, I almost didn't know what to do. I haven't watched the justice league- but your fan fic is really funny! I also read Naked Quidditch, which was hilarious! It was sooo good!