Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cryptic Christmas Cards

It always fascinates me when someone completely random writes a comment on my blog.

I cannot think of a single person named "Tom" that I know. Certainly no one with whom I have ever exchanged Christmas cards. In fact, I only sent out Christmas cards that one year I was feeling all adult. I remember thinking, "This is what adults do at Christmas; they send out cards. I'm going to send out cards EVERY YEAR FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!"

But I only did it the one year.

So who are you Tom? And, more importantly, who do you think I am?

Is it possible that you are the Tom from my short story? Did you step out of it's pages like some sort of....erm....character which comes to life from short stories? (I thought I had something better to end that sentence, but it turns out I'm not that clever.)

If you are the Tom from my story, you must be rather confused by this world you now inhabit, as it is so very different from your own. Also, I congratulate you on your use of a computer. Unless, maybe, you are inside the computer!

Perhaps by posting this story to the internet I have unknowingly released it's characters, much like that demon was scanned into the computer from one of Giles's books in that episode of Buffy.

What have I done?

Or maybe you are just a random person who got confused about which blog you were reading.

I suppose it doesn't really matter. I'm happy that people outside of my mother and Jenna are reading this blog, I just didn't expect it to be someone I wasn't related to/hadn't even met. Usually the people which fall into that category are only interested in posting spam on my blog. I am not a fan of spam; the annoying junk mail OR the canned meat. One should not leave either on a blog. It could really start to stink.

I think this thought-train has derailed.

And I really must get ready for work now.

And no, your eyes do not deceive you: I really am awake and blogging that early. I haven't even had my coffee yet. I'm sort of surprised I can string two sentences together. And that probably explains why I can't seem to end this post properly. I just keep typing, stuck in some sort of feedback loop. I may ramble on in this manner forever, never able to wrench myself from the keyboard. NO! MUST HAVE COFFEE! MUST TEAR MYSELF AW-

2 comments:

Mom said...

oooh, a mystery!!??!!
Not the "Tom" mystery. The "why in the world is she up so early?" mystery. :o)

jenna said...

hm.