Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Ballad of Bruce Wayne

At last! I have a new video to show you! I slaved over it, so I expect praise that's high in quantity and quality. Just kidding.

Anyway, it was sort of inspired by what is happening in the Batman comics right now, which is a storyline called Batman RIP. It hasn't finished yet, so I don't know if Batman is going to die, but right now he's gone completely round the twist (as my sister would say), and is running around Gotham in a purple suit claiming that he is the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh! Whatever that means. And he's having conversations with dead people, and just generally acting like a loon. Something was leaked at the San Diego Comic-Con that the next storyline in Batman was going to be called Battle for the Cowl, so basically someone OTHER than Bruce Wayne is going to be Batman. Then, after that, (something that was announced, not leaked) will be an arc written by Neil Gaiman, one of the greatest science fiction/horror/fantasy writers of all time, called Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader. It's an exciting time to be a Batman fan.

Now, do I really believe they're going to replace Bruce Wayne? No. Not really. There was a long run back in 1993 where Batman's back was broken, he chose someone to take up the mantle for a while. Of course, the guy he chose went insane and Bruce eventually had to fight to regain the title of Batman, but, hey, it's a tough job, and not everyone is mentally equipped. So there was basically an entire year where Bruce Wayne was not Batman. But a permanent change? I don't think so. The fans would revolt. Anyway, I only wanted to say a little something about it as a preface to the video, but you know me and comics: once I get started, it's hard to shut me up.

The song I used is called the Ballad of Barry Allen by Jim's Big Ego. For those of you who don't know, Barry Allen was/is the Flash. (He died, but recently came back to life. It's all very confusing, so I won't go into it.) I know, I know, it's rather perverse of me to make a video about Batman to a song about the Flash, but the more I listened to the lyrics, the more I thought it fit Bruce more than Barry.

So, without further ado, I give you The Ballad of Bruce Wayne:



2 comments:

F. Radcliffe said...

Bravissima. Your videos get better each time. I particularly loved all the flashbacks, especially Gordon's. And Dick's. And Albert's. Well, all of them really.

Anonymous said...

Again, a fabulous job! As f.radcliffe said, bravo! And you absolutely were dead on that this fit Batman better - or at least the way you produced it! Excellent!
Anony1