Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hokey Pokey

Ugh. It has been sooooo disgustingly hot here, I hardly know what to do with myself.

The heat index was over 100 degrees one day. Thank goodness our store has AC, or I think I would melt into a little puddle of nonsensical rambling. Wait, that's what I do every time I write a blog....

GAH! I'm doing it again! See, I can't focus in this heat!

*Sigh*

I'm sure I had a topic in mind for this blog entry, but it seems to have leaked out of my brain. I'm going to jump up and down and see if I can shake it loose again. Hold on.



Well, that was fun, but not particularly enlightening. And, yes, I really did just get up from the computer and jump up and down, and shake all my limbs around, 'cause that's what it's all about.

I'll post more pictures to distract you while I'm thinking...

Me, looking too cool for school in my Batman shirt


My sister and me at the Jungle Cruise


Mom at breakfast, our first morning there


My sister in front of King Trident's Carousel


My faithful steed, Happy the Sea Otter, on the carousel

I think I'm ready for a return trip whenever you guys are! I've now had two dreams about Disneyland, and both of them involved the Twilight Zone Tower O' Terror.

Okay, bye!



What? The distraction with the pictures didn't work? Awww, man! Lame.

The truth is, I have nothing to report. I'm sort of stuck in a rut right now, and I'm working my way out of it. I'd elaborate, but I don't want to. I'm just moping a little, feeling sorry for myself, and generally being disgustingly emo, and I'd rather not burden you all with my angst.

Anyway, I can tell that it's starting to pass already, and in about a week or so, I'll be up and jumping around (well, I'm already jumping, but you get the picture) and ready to take on the world again.

In the meantime, here's something else to entertain you: a new video!
This one is about a character you probably aren't familiar with (as my Mom pointed out to me when she told me she'd seen it on youtube) so I'll give you some background.

There was a show called Batman Beyond which was done by the same people who created Batman the Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited. It's set 50 years in the future, in Gotham City. Batman has retired from a life of crime fighting and now lives all alone in Wayne Manor, walking the empty halls with his cane and his dog, Ace. His family's company has been mostly taken over by a sleeze named Powers, and he's been almost completely shut out. His is a sad existence, until one day he meets a young man named Terry McGinnis. Terry's parents are divorced and he lives with his dad. He's a bit of a delinquent, getting into fights at school, but his heart is in the right place. His father works for Mr. Powers, and finds out some things about the company he shouldn't. One night, when Terry is chased by a group of hooligans calling themselves the "Jokerz" he ends up at Wayne Manor. Terry and Bruce work together to fight off the Jokerz. OK, long story short: Terry finds out that Old Man Wayne used to be Batman. Terry's father is killed by Mr. Powers. Terry wants revenge, he turns to Bruce for help, and gets nothing. Terry steals a batsuit and takes matters into his own hands. Finally, Bruce sees in Terry an ally. Someone who can do some good, and a way for Bruce to continue the work he started: to clean up the streets of Gotham.

So here's the video. It's very emo, but then, so is Terry. Really, this song suits his character amazingly well. Enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation--it makes the vid much more enjoyable!

LU!