Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Response

I was telling my Mom about a curious phenomenon, yesterday. You see, I often have this thing called "Internal E-mail" or, sometimes, "Internal Text Message" and, most often, "Internal Blog Comment Response".

It's where I read an e-mail/text message/blog comment, think about it, and respond to it in my head. The trouble being, of course, that not everyone can reach into my head and read said response. I didn't say the system was perfect. So, if you've ever sent me an email/text message/ blog comment, and never received an actual flesh and blood (or, at least, ones and zeros) response, I apologize. Trust me when I say there was one, it just didn't make escape velocity on the way out of my brain.

Which is why I'm responding to some comments now!

*I'm trying to think of a witty comeback you can use that won't get you fired!*

We've already discussed this, but upon thinking it over, I still think "Yeah? Well so's your face!" is a good comeback for just about any situation.

Observe.

Customer: $80 for a t-shirt??! That's outrageous!
Julia: Yeah? Well so's your face!

Hmm...the spell-check does NOT like "so's" but I think it's a valid contraction under the Smack Talk dialect.


*I also watched the first episode of Wonderfalls the other day and thought it was great! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until I get back to the states to finish watching it, since none of the other episodes are posted online! ^^; (tear)*

Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Boo! You have to wait!

*P.S. remember when I worked at that horrible retail store for 5 years? Yes...at least you have cool store owners and whatnot. I still get a twitch or a convulsion or two every time I hear the name of the store...*

You mean....Elderly Dark-Blue? Yeah, that must have been terrible. Especially when you had to wear that stupid headset in case of a fashion emergency. Come to think of it, why DID you have to wear those stupid headsets?

*p.s. you should watch pushing daisies if you haven't.*

I haven't watched it, but I've always wanted to. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.


Well, that about wraps things up. I should do this more often, it saves me from having to write a real entry...
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Later,
Jules

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Ha, that works :) I prob won't have access to a computer for the next few days since I'll be traveling around, so don't post too many blogs!

JuliaSP said...

Wait. You're encouraging me NOT to blog? Well gosh, I can do that... No, sorry. I have turned a new leaf, and will blog like I've never blogged before!
Oh, wait. Just a few days? That's OK, I won't post too many in a few days. Every other day seems to be working, maybe I'll just do every three days. Now I'm just babbling. See what happens when you restrict my blogging??!!
Just kidding. Have fun traveling, where are you going?

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. I'll try to return the favor.

hmmmmmmm...

I''ll have to get back to you when I locate my sense of humor