Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Snafu


Well, I’ve run into a slight snafu.  Apparently I forgot that I never actually finished the next chapter.  I just sort of skipped over it with the idea that I would come back to it later.  Well…later never came.  Until I started putting it up here before it was finished.  Stupid idea, really.

However, I am working on it, and might be able to just eke out one more post before I really hit a brick wall.  The trouble is, I didn’t realize that I had left a considerable chunk out.  I thought it was just a few more paragraphs that needed finishing.  But, as always happens when I actually start writing what I planned to write, it keeps growing.  So, there it is.  Nothing I can do about it except slog away until it’s finished.  You will have to learn patience.  And if you’re still reading this blog, I think you must have learned it in spades.

On another note:  I’m on a TRAIN!  I’m headed to PA to see my Mom and Sister.  HUZZAH!

Also, I started taking this class with my voice teacher called, “Singing With the Band.”  It’s a small group of her students, and we are learning how to communicate with a band, especially if you’ve never met and they don’t know what you are going to sing.  We have learned how to make a song chart which you can hand to a band and, even if they have never heard the song, they will know how to play it.  Also, we learned how to transpose!

I have always thought transposing was this magical thing which required a working knowledge of physics, music theory, and rocket science.  Turns out: not that hard.

Transposing, btw, is changing a song from one key to another, in case you don’t know.

Anyway, at the end of the class we will have a concert in which we each get to sing with a real band playing behind us.  Like with drums and everything!  So cool.

So that’s what is going on in Juliaworld.

Goodness the scenery is beautiful.  I think I’ll look out the window a while.

Later.

1 comment:

jenna said...

hey friend! Thanks for the update- no worries about the story. Although, I'll be excited to read it of course. Glad you're off to spend some time with your family. :)
And your new class sounds awesome!
Keep us posted!