Sunday, March 9, 2008

Clarity

It has come to my attention that I was not clear about the nature of the project I am now involved in. The Miracle Age is not going into production (yet), we are merely presenting a staged reading so that people can come 'round with their show-shopping carts, look at us, pick us up, play with us, and decide whether or not we're worth spending money on, considering there is a chance we might piddle on the carpet. Think of it as a pilot. In television, pilots are taped and shown to networks in hopes that they will adopt/buy them.

Not that this will mean any less work for those of us putting on the staged reading. Sometimes these things can be fairly close to show-ready, and sometimes they're just a bunch of people sitting on a stage, reading a script. I've actually done that, already. A "friend" (read into that whatever you like) had a play that he'd written, that he wanted to try and sell, so he asked us to workshop it into a final draft, then read through it for a small audience and a camera. That was strictly a play, though, no music involved. I've been told that this staged reading will involve dancing, singing, and acting, just with fewer sets and costumes.

Clear?

Good.

Huh. I thought I had more to write, but I've just been staring at the blinking cursor for about 5 minutes, so I guess I'm done for today. It's the whole Daylight Saving Time thing. That hour loss is messing with my brain. Also, I happened to wake up earlier than I meant to, and just decided I might as well get up. So really, I've lost two hours of sleep. When you only get about 6-7 per night, that's a big loss. I think I'll go compensate by drowning myself in coffee.

Byee!

(Extra 'e' intended)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clear, although I think many are wondering if there is a paycheck involved. Don't get riled, now! It's not like we think the only reason to do something is for cold, hard cash. Just curious.

Anony2

Anonymous said...

Anony2 said it all...

Except about the "friend". Care to elaborate?

Anony1

F. Radcliffe said...

By the way, how is it that you are always six discs ahead of me on Netflix? It's like I keep getting your viewing sloppy seconds! Having recently finished Dexter (see: some earlier post with that picture of Michael C. Hall), I am currently watching Rescue Me after which my mailbox will be graced with the presence of...Coupling! Get out of my head, Poyer! Well, actually, you're okay. You can stay.

Jenna said...

update!!!

F. Radcliffe said...

I like your new video, BTW.